Lukoil to Build Solar Power Station in Uzbekistan
Wednesday 14 September 2011
SARATOV, Russia (Fergana News) – Lukoil President Vagit Alekperov September 12 said the company plans to build a 1GW solar power station in Uzbekistan, Fergana News reported September 13.
Lukoil, the Uzbek government and the Asian Development Bank are working on the project, Alekperov told a forum of young Lukoil specialists.
Uzbekistan has more than 300 sunny days a year, Fergana News reported, adding the Centre for Economic Research of Uzbekistan argues that nearby energy-short countries like Afghanistan and Pakistan will provide a market.
Lukoil is a major international vertically-integrated oil & gas company, accounting for 2.2% of global output of crude oil:
- 2.2% of global production of crude oil
- The largest privately owned oil & gas company in the world by proved oil reserves
- 3rd largest privately owned oil & gas company in the world by oil production
- 17.8% of Russian crude oil production and 18.2% of Russian crude oil refining
- One of the biggest Russian oil business groups with $100 billion revenue and net income in excess of $9 billion