Uzbekistan to Maintain and Manage Hairatan to Mazar-i-Sharif Railway
Thursday 19 March 2015
Afghan Ministry of Public Works has signed a contract with Temir Yullari – the Uzbek state railway company – for the maintenance and management of Hairatan to Mazar-i-Sharif section in northern Afghanistan. The remuneration of the Uzbek company will be $19 mln/year during 3 years.
Uzbekistan will manage the construction of the Hairatan to Mazar-i-Sharif railroad, handle the training of 150 railway engineers, and assure the export of at least 4 mln tons of Afghan goods.
Afghan Minister of Public Works Noor Gul Mangal said the agreement will boost trade ties between Afghanistan and Uzbekistan. Over the next three years the Uzbek transit companies and service will pay no less than $2 mln of taxes to Afghanistan.
Founded in 1994 and based in Tashkent, Uzbekiston Temir Yullari State Joint Stock Railway Company engages in railroad construction services.
The Company offers to its clients the following services:
- Forwarding and delivery of cargo in all international transport corridors;
- Transportation of passengers and cargo (luggage);
- Travel and transportation services along the Silk Road cities of Samarkand, Bukhara, Khiva and Tashkent;
- Search and tracking of wagons;
- All repairs of passenger cars;
- All repairs of diesel and electric locomotives;
- Manufacturing and service life of freight cars.