Bishkek to Host Discovery Central Asia Travel Forum 2012
Saturday 28 April 2012
Central Asian government agencies, tourism operators, hotel and catering sector representatives, and education institutions and experts from North America, Europe, South Asia, and whole Central Asia are gathering at the Discovery Central Asia Travel Forum 2012 that will start on April 28, 2012. The forum will be held at the Golden Dragon Hotel, Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek.Discovery Forum web site
The two-day Discovery Central Asia Travel Forum 2012 is the first annual regional event for professionals in the tourist, educational, hotel, and restaurant businesses in Central Asia. The aim is to create a platform that brings together leading experts and heads of major companies in the field of tourism, education, and hospitality management, together with policy makers to discuss the problems and prospects for creating the conditions for successful development of these sectors. The Region Initiative (TRI) is Supporting Partner of this event.
The Travel Forum will be in 4 sessions:
- Central Asian inbound tourism
- Central Asian outbound tourism
- Hospitality in Central Asia
- Education in Centra Asia
Discovery Central Asia Travel Forum will raise the issues of:
- Development of Crafts and Applied Arts in Central Asia.
- Culinary tourism, and the development of a national cuisine in the region.
The forum will also consist of such cultural activities as:
- Fashion Festival for local artists and brands.
- Exhibition of Central Asian artisans.
- Charity contest of children’s art on the theme “What A Varied World”, with the aim of supporting young artists in their efforts.
DCATF 2012 will host a closing reception and celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Discovery Central Asia magazine.