Home > Kazakhstan > Astana Finance Dismays Investors; Samruk-Kazyna Favours ECAs

Astana Finance Dismays Investors; Samruk-Kazyna Favours ECAs

Wednesday 14 September 2011

(Euromoney Magazine) – Astana Finance, the last of a quartet of Kazakh financial services providers to restructure its foreign debt, has shocked senior creditors with its latest write-off proposals.

The terms Astana Finance proposed in August would force Eurobond holders to accept an 80% haircut on principal and accrued interest on roughly US $1.2 billion-worth of international debt, while they would receive zero-coupon 2016 notes for the remaining 20% balance.

Read more >>

Any message or comments?

pre-moderation

This forum is moderated before publication: your contribution will only appear after being validated by an administrator.

Who are you?
Your post
  • To create paragraphs, just leave blank lines.